I'm finally getting back into journaling and writing. It's amazing how we can get thrown off track. Well, I guess I have a good excuse. My life has been filled with business management and the raising of an infant. Now that the business is a little more under control and my son is older I'm finding time again to be more introspective.
Life, like the energy in the body, doesn't always flow the way we intend or want. Whether you call them chakras, energy centers or even nerve plexuses these areas of the body warrant our attention.
Without going too far into detail I'm offering this drill as a no tech assessment of your current state. It's just a check in but can improve energy, mood and posture.
- First of all look around. Where are you at the moment? Are you seated or standing or lying down?
- How does your body feel? Feel your feet on the ground and if seated your hips and back of your legs where they contact the chair.
- Take a deep breath. Can you relax the muscles of your pelvic floor? Can you contract them? Investigate this area and notice how you have now become more aware of what's happening around you as well as inside your body.
- Continue in this way. Observe the world around you then next take a deep breath into your belly. Upon exhaling can you contract your abdominal muscles? Relax again and breath normally. Work your way up the body, observe the outside and inside. Progress this way, breathing, contracting and relaxing until you have explored all the way up to the top of the head.
- Then let it all go and just observe.
This simple drill is both profound and powerful. Awareness leads to more and more understanding about how to navigate life. Look for other opportunities to learn and expand what you know. Never stop searching and never stop learning.